Thursday, July 9, 2009

Late night craft times

I am so obsessed with miniature fake food. I think I've talked about it on this blog before, about how I get so super excited every time I come across any kind of tiny faux tasty treat that I become all stupid and my mouth hangs open and drool comes out and how I tend to start squealing and having hot flushes and so on and so forth...

Tonight I decided to watch a DVD on my computer in bed whilst working on some new craft ideas (one of my favourite things to do on a weekend - am I lame?). I decided to adapt a creation I made a while ago for a mini felt cake slice except way more mini. Two and a half hours of careful hand sewing later (it mainly took this long because I kept getting distracted by my movie, which was about cake actually so obviously I was easily distracted) I ended up with this:



Eeeeek! So cute! I have a few exciting ideas for this teensy morsel so watch this space!